Liability Claims Representative - Woodbury, NY
Job Duties & Responsibilities
What sets GEICO apart from our competition? One key factor is our ability to provide outstanding customer service during the insurance claims process. As a Liability Claims Representative, you are there for our customers when they need us most - after an accident.
Accidents can be traumatic experiences, and it takes a true professional to empathize, listen and assist our customers. Through our industry-leading, paid training, you'll learn about insurance concepts and contracts, complex claims handling, liability disputes and settlement negotiation. After training, you will investigate and process a variety of insurance claims ranging from minor fender-benders to major disasters.
Salary: $52,531 / year
At GEICO, the opportunity for career advancement is outstanding. In fact, our associates average two promotions within the first three years! In exchange for your hard work, we offer:
- Bachelor's degree
- Good customer service skills or prior experience
- Solid computer, grammar and multi-tasking skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated timely, consistent job attendance history
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume call center
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- Credit Union
- Starbucks on site
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Please include all recent work history and any other work relevant to the position you are applying for.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
As a senior software analyst, Joy works as a liaison between software users and software developers. She is also a SCRUM product owner who conveys the ideas and vision of the project to the team.
Back to top