Legal Secretary I - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
GEICO seeks an experienced Legal Secretary to join the GEICO Staff Counsel office in Fort Lauderdale, FL. A successful candidate will assist attorneys in defending civil litigation matters. Under general supervision, responsibilities will include:
- Performing a variety of legal secretarial, stenographic, typing and clerical functions for Staff Counsel Attorneys.
- Preparing pleadings, motions, notices, jury demands, and correspondence of non-dictated nature on forms via PC in Team Connect.
- Maintaining attorney calendars and schedule appointments within agreed parameters via PC using Team Connect.
- Answering telephone calls, greeting personal callers, and opening incoming mail.
- Maintaining files and assisting other staff as needed and instructed.
- Must be able to type 50 WPM.
- Must have good level of computer working skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top