Legal Secretary I
Legal Secretary I
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we're looking for a Legal Secretary to start a GEICO career in Dallas, TX. As a Legal Secretary, you will assist attorneys in defending civil litigation matters. Texas Subrogation experience preferred; knowledge of e-filing procedures required.
- Answers telephone, greets personal callers opens and distributes incoming mail.
- Answers telephone requests which have standard answers.
- Reviews correspondence, memoranda and reports prepared by others for the supervisor's signature to assure procedural and typographic accuracy.
- Maintains supervisor's calendar and makes appointments as instructed.
- Types (via PC/CRT and typewriter), takes and transcribes dictation from Dictaphone equipment and files information.
- Prepares, distributes and photocopies various daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Faxes material to appropriate party designated by Manager.
- Maintains files to include filing material and books at various heights.
- Responds to inquiries from Claims Examiners and document in Briefs system.
- Receives referrals for lawsuits and performs checks for duplicates in the system.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top