Lead Software Analyst
This job is available in Chevy Chase, MD and Indianapolis, IN.
Jo in an organization where you can deliver first-class software that solves real business problems. As a Lead Software Analyst you'll team up with Software Engineers, Scrum Masters, Leads, Managers, and Directors. You'll you will be leading a team and working alongside some of the most talented and thought leading technologists on our IT team. You'll lead and enable team members to deliver quality, high performing implementations driving internal business value and delighting our customers.
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. At GEICO we believe in building our own leadership talent from within. The vast majority of leadership jobs are through internal promotion up through the highest levels of the IT organization.
Here's what we want to see from you:
• Degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
• Three plus years of experience in IT Project Management or leadership
• Demonstrated experience with project coordination, including strong project management skills and proven experience leading large projects across multiple departments
• Proven ability to drive innovation and manage change
• Experience supporting new development, production support, and integration
• Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies is preferred
• Passion to innovate and provide creative solutions
• Hands-on experience leading others, providing coaching, feedback and mentoring
• Excellent verbal/written communication, problem solving and analytical skills is a must
• Must possess a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, initiative and attention to detail
• Ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently, yet function as an integral part of a team
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
As a senior software analyst, Joy works as a liaison between software users and software developers. She is also a SCRUM product owner who conveys the ideas and vision of the project to the team.
Back to top