Lead Programmer Analyst (ETL)
The Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) is seeking a highly motivated Lead Programmer Analyst (ETL) with diverse skills to co-lead the team. The candidate must possess excellent leadership skills to lead a team of senior level developers. The candidate must possess solid Agile project management skills and be able to effectively manage large projects. The candidate will work with a variety of business and technical teams throughout the organization to support the goals of building more quality software faster and availability.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of five years experience in a leadership or technical supervisory position, preferably leading the development activities of large-scale systems. The candidate will be responsible to lead development, maintenance, and support of the existing EDW, as well as support the migration of EDW to the Cloud. Prior experience leading migration, modernization, or Data Warehousing projects a major plus. The candidate must exhibit strong critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills. A proven record as a team player plus the ability to work independently given general direction is also required. Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrated success building partnerships with the business community and within IT.
- Highly motivated to be successful as well as possessing strong motivational skills
- Able to coach and mentor team for success and results
- Be part of an alternating weekly On-Call ETL Lead schedule
- Hands-on Agile Project Management
- Experienced in all aspects of SDLC (Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, and Implementation
- Effective delegation, follow-up, and escalation skills
- Technical Skills: MS Office, MS Project, Visio, SQL, Databases
- ETL background
- Data Architecture
- Relational Databases (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Big Data / Hadoop
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
As a senior software analyst, Joy works as a liaison between software users and software developers. She is also a SCRUM product owner who conveys the ideas and vision of the project to the team.
Back to top