Lead Programmer Analyst
Are you ready to make an impact? If so read on......
GEICO IT Claims is seeking a highly motivated Lead Programmer Analyst to join the claims management team in delivering the best digital claims experience for our customers. You will lead a team of analysts and developers to transform our business through technology and truly give GEICO a competitive advantage.
The position requires excellent leadership and analytical skills, a proactive solution-oriented mindset, strong communication skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization. Candidates must be able to successfully lead all aspects of a project, including analysis, design and development, and production support. Must also have the skills and ability to coach and mentor staff to develop a cohesive, highly productive team. Creativity, strong problem solving skills, and a passion to drive results are required! Innovative thinking and creativity in solving business problems is required! You must have a ability to work and think creatively in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects and with multiple project teams.
The candidate must require the following skills:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a leadership position
- Hands-on experience owning delivery of high quality requirements and thorough testing for a customer-facing application that involved multiple analysts
- Experience interfacing and collaborating with peers in multiple IT groups
The candidate should have the following desired skills:
- Practical Agile project management knowledge and experience
- Proven experience in team building, collaboration, coaching, and mentoring
- Ability to promote conceptual thinking throughout the team
- Passion for delivering projects to meeting and exceed our customers' needs
- Dynamic presentation and story-telling skills
- Ability to establish and promote thought leadership
- Experience managing people and tasks across multiple simultaneous projects under aggressive timelines
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Providing approaches and solutions to loosely defined problems
- Mobile and web design best practices and usability standards
- Experience with GEICO's sales, service, or claims systems
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top