Lead Facilities Engineer
GEICO's Real Estate and Facilities Management Department (REFM) is seeking an individual to join our team as a Lead Facilities Engineer. This position will be located at our Corporate Office in Chevy Chase, MD. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience, customer contact and excellent customer service skills.
The essential qualifications for this position will include:
• Able to manage the productivity of engineering and contract staff.
• Experience maintaining electrical, plumbing, and mechanical HVAC systems.
• Experience maintaining cooling and electrical equipment such as switchgear, UPS and PDU in Data Center operations.
• Strong project management skills.
• Able to run preventive and corrective maintenance programs.
• Able to plan, monitor, and manage completion of work orders.
• Prior Engineering /Facilities lead experience required.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills. Experience with MS Office Suite - Outlook, Excel and Word highly preferred.
$68K - $77K - Based on experience
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top