Lead Data Scientist
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Ready to make an impact if so, read on!
As a Lead Data Scientist you will lead an innovative and highly collaborative team of Data Scientists in application of logical, systematic approaches to solving business problems, applying quantitative techniques, using Big Data Analytics environment. You will coordinate project teams of Data Scientists and act as a primary point of contact in delivering innovative, high-quality data products with measurable business value. In addition you will coach, mentor and guide Data Scientists to advance their career development, primarily in the non-technical areas
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• BA/BS Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Finance, Economics, Operational Research, or related disciplines
• 5+ years of experience in an analyst and/or leadership role in development of data products or decision support capabilities
• 3+ years leading a team of quantitative analysts
• Demonstrated leadership competencies such as teamwork, creative problem solving, flexibility and willingness to challenge the status quo
• Demonstrated experience in influencing business decisions
• Excellent communication, facilitation and coaching skills in business context and as it applies to team and project management
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
• Master's or PhD in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Finance, Economics, Operational Research, Project Management or related disciplines
• Demonstrated experience in leading Agile teams
• Experience with statistical process control, experiment design, AB testing, and data mining
• Skills or experience using analytics modeling
LinkedIn tag: #LI-POST
DICE tag (IT only): DBT
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top