Junior Software Analyst
Join an organization where you can deliver first-class software that solves real business problems. As a Junior Software Analyst you'll team up with multiple levels of IT associates all the way to management. You'll perform advanced-level systems analysis, write comprehensive requirements, participate in project coordination/management, and perform various levels of testing.
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we're starting a new office from the ground up, and we need self-starters to help mold and shape our strategy over the coming years. The office has been designated as the Center of Excellence, intended to set the standard of delivery. At GEICO we believe in building our own leadership talent from within. The majority of leadership jobs are through internal promotion up through the highest levels of the IT organization.
Here's what we want to see from you:
- Recent bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Computer Engineering, Business Information Technology, Information Systems or related majors targeting May 2018 and December 2018 graduates.
- Coursework or related experience using Java, .NET, C# languages is preferred.
- Understanding of software development, web technologies, testing approaches highly desirable.
- Some related experience or working knowledge of Agile, project management and user requirements, structured development life cycle, and business courses is a plus.
- Well-rounded experiences outside of the classroom with different technologies.
- Strong problem-solving ability, critical thinking skills, creative/innovative thinking, and attention to detail.
- Ability to make fact-based decisions, put the customer experience first, challenge the status quo, be intellectually curious, and have a solution oriented attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be proactive, take initiative, and be able to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Must show positive attitude, strong self-motivation, ability to meet deadlines, and ability to determine appropriate sense of urgency.
- Passion for technology and the way customers interact with it.
This position will be located in our Indianapolis, IN office.
Consideration for this position requires testing
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top