Junior DevOps Engineer
Ready to make any impact? If so, read on!
GEICO'S Middleware Modernization team is looking for a motivated Junior DevOps Engineer with high technical skills on scripting and programming solutions implemented via PowerShell, and .NET. You must be able to fulfill ad-hoc scripting responsibilities as well as development for ongoing projects. You will have a solid understanding of windows Management Instrumentation and any other method to perform remote server administration. You will have experience using code repository tools like Team Foundation Server or GIT. You will manage and monitor windows hosted applications (MSI, Multiline, DirectNer, IBU) and IT infrastructure. You will trouble shoot and identify solutions for performance and connectively issues, application functionality disruptions, and network balancing. You will provide 24x7 on call support for GEICO'S infrastructure systems as needed.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineer or a related degree.
- Proven scripting skills (PowerShell v3 or later, Visual Basic Scripting, and windows batch)
- Independence to manage day to day activities with minimal supervision and be capable to escalate and drive issues to resolution when required.
- Good understanding and use of IT Cloud concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - including verbal, written, and presentation. Ability to tailor communication to audience.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Manager, Mobile Development
Lwin supports development and enhancements for enterprise applications on iOS and Android by leading a team of pros who help GEICO continue innovating.
Back to top