Jboss Middleware Engineer
Key Position Details
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
As a Jboss Middleware Engineer, You will be responsible for installing and configuring middleware software’s like JBOSS, Tomcat, web sphere application server, Apache, Web sphere MQ, and other J2EE software products and fixes on Linux/Windows. You will support the application through its entire development life cycle – involved with Application design, deploying code, resolving any infrastructure problems, production implementation and post production support. You will work with other teams in the infrastructure department to set up the necessary artifacts for the applications like URL’s (load balancing VIP’s), Firewall rules, requesting necessary file system and storage requirements, for setting up other third party tools like splunk, perceiver, wily and BEM (for monitoring and alerting). You will maneuver Z/OS to perform basic MQ administrative functionalities like defining queues, channels, setting up batch jobs, read and analyze logs files on the mainframe as well as on the distributed side (in both windows and Linux). You will support production implementations and be able to troubleshoot and resolve production issues minimizing the customer impact, support application releases, monitor production environment, participate in production problem calls, resolve any problems related to Middleware.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in administering middleware technologies like applications servers and webservers is required
- Experience in administration: Installation, Configuration, Deployment and upgrading mw components is required
- Application Servers: Red Hat Jboss or IBM WebSphere or Oracle WebLogic or Tomcat, Web Servers: Apache or IHS
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in at-least two of the following operating Systems: Linux: Preferably SuSE or Red Hat, Windows 2008, 2012,AIX or Solaris
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in configuring infrastructure for high availability (clustering, load balancing), troubleshooting issues within middleware space, tuning Internet/Intranet Web
- A minimum of 5 years of experience or in-depth knowledge of J2EE framework applications to improve performance and stability
- Ability to write, use and update scripts to automate daily operations
- Ability to tune J2EE Application servers to optimize performance with compromising stability
- Ability and flexibility to support and manage our dynamic 7 × 24 Production as well as the other testing environments
- Experience with Jboss application server version 6.0 or higher Experience with Shell Scripting
- Experience with WebSphere MQ on both distributed and Mainframe a plus
- Experience in supporting large scale middleware infrastructure with a full understanding of software SDLC
- Experience in working on Wily, Dyna trace and perceiver for monitoring software and hardware.
- Experience with WebSphere application server or Tomcat would be a plus
- Experience with PowerShell, Perl, Ruby and Jython would be a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot issues outside of middleware spaces (OS, Network, Database, SAN,..) would be a plus
- Experience with BMC Remedy and Service Manager for Ticketing and Change Management would be a plus
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top