Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
GEICO is seeking a Middleware Engineer to join the Middleware Team. A qualified candidate must have the ability to plan, prioritize, execute, and manage large projects involving multiple teams. Candidate must be able to look beyond the immediate assignments and assist their leadership team to create strategic road map for the team and services. The role demands excellent project management skills, great interpersonal skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Responsibilities include working closely with many infrastructure and application teams to align initiatives with the overall IT strategy to business goals are met. Must have the ability and flexibility to support and manage our dynamic 24x7 environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science (or similar) or currently pursuing
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Middleware
- Administration: Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Deployment and upgrading middleware technologies
- Application Servers: Red Hat JBoss, Tomcat, IBM WebSphere
- WebSphere MQ on both distributed and Mainframe
- Scripting: Shell, Perl, PowerShell
- Experience supporting large scale middleware infrastructure with a full understanding of software SDLC.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Manager, Mobile Development
Lwin supports development and enhancements for enterprise applications on iOS and Android by leading a team of pros who help GEICO continue innovating.
Back to top