Ready to make an impact?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
As a Java Architect, you will join GEICO's IT Claims team. You will be working on projects aimed at improving our existing customers, internet experience and retention. You will be responsible for planning, designing, and implementing infrastructure projects in support of claims systems, as well as coordinating amongst various departments for specific infrastructure tasks. You will work with development teams and peers to provide guidance on application design solutions as well as enforce the use of best practices and standards. You will be recommending architectural solutions as well as obtaining buy-in and instituting processes resulting in successful application implementations. This position includes after hours support when needed
Required Candidate Qualifications
- 5 to 7 years of experience in the field of Information Technology with an understanding of Enterprise Java platforms and infrastructure
- A solid understanding of OO and SOA
- Design and development experience
- Proven track record in delivering successful projects
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with specific deadlines with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work through and mentor others
Desired Candidate Qualifications
- An understanding of .NET platforms and infrastructure
- Experience with Guidewire Claim Center platform
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Manager, Mobile Development
Lwin supports development and enhancements for enterprise applications on iOS and Android by leading a team of pros who help GEICO continue innovating.
Back to top