IT Contract Administrator
Job Duties & Responsibilities
As an IT Contract Administrator, you will be responsible for negotiating the most complex and largest IT and telecommunications hardware, software and services contracts. You will assist in the planning and determination of IT requirements and acquisitions as they relate to selecting and choosing viable vendors to participate in GEICO procurement activities. You will provide staff assistance to various GEICO departments and senior management in the negotiation, review and approval, and ongoing administration of new and the renewal of existing contracts and purchase orders with hardware, software, telecommunications and services vendors. You will establish and enhance strategic partnerships with key vendors to more effectively position GEICO to receive the best value proposals for the corporation. You will work with vendors to establish methods and procedures for just-in time delivery and disposal of IT assets to manage inventory expense at the lowest cost. You will develop and manage financial strategies for GEICO's largest and most complex vendors, including historical projections and financial analysis. You will develop, track, and report financial measurements for IT and telecommunications asset expense tracking. You will interface with the Office of General Counsel on contract terms and conditions for new contracts or contract amendments. You will interface with Controllers on tax and budget issues relating to large vendor purchases. You will draft and review purchase and leasing contracts and Service statements of Work for equipment and service contracts.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or higher is required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience negotiating/drafting complex contractual documents, especially software, IT hardware, and telecommunications agreements
- Understanding of Information Technology concepts and accounting principles
- Experience establishing and maintaining complex filing systems
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects on various timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Salary Range for this opportunity is 90K-95K
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top