IT Compliance Analyst
The Cybersecurity department is seeking a technically oriented, highly motivated IT Compliance Analyst to join our team of IT Compliance and Business Continuity associates. Members of our team work closely with both internal and external audit teams to support and maintain the overall compliance of GEICO IT. Interested candidates should possess strong written and verbal communication skills, effective interpersonal skills, a proven understanding of systems administration and support, and a positive, "can-do" attitude.
- Provide IT compliance guidance and best practice information to application and infrastructure support teams
- Participate in multiple key initiatives to enhance IT Compliance
- Support internal and external audits related to SOX, ISO, PCI DSS, and state compliance
- Perform SOX walkthroughs and control testing in accordance with SOX guidelines
- Evaluate control gaps and document findings in the form of corrective action plans
- Work closely with process owners to identify the root cause of test failures, ensure corrective action plans fully remediate control gaps, and communicate test failures to all relevant stakeholders
- Conduct routine log audits and analyses
- Mentor fellow team members and assist with skill development
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 3+ years of experience in collecting and analyzing requirements, and designing, building, and implementing complex projects that require collaboration with multiple teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and effective interpersonal skills
- Experience with systems administration and support
- Experience with automation, scripting, and/or software development
- Experience in SOX, ISO, or PCI DSS implementation, certification, and maintenance
- Familiarity with general security and IT compliance related controls and conducting security audits
- Proficiency with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, concurrently, without sacrificing quality, and meet established deadlines
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and as part of a larger group comprised of different technical and business areas
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering discipline
- Strong understanding of cloud services and deployment models
- Knowledge of networking components and concepts including subnets, DMZs, routers, switches, and firewalls
- Knowledge of database designs and technologies
- Professional certification (e.g. CISA, CISSP, CompTIA Security+)
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top