IT Compliance Analyst
Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
GEICO's Cybersecurity IT Compliance and Business Continuity organization is seeking a highly motivated IT Compliance Analyst to join a team of security and compliance analysts in improving and maturing the IT Compliance process for ISO, SOX and PCI. You will play a key role in working closely with Internal Audit and external audit teams to support efforts within the team to ensure GEICO IT is always compliant. The IT Compliance requirements include supporting efforts to provide timely deliverables related to ISO 27001, SOX and state regulation requirements related to IT. You should have a desire to work in a dynamic environment, have an excellent work ethic, have great communication skills, and be a self-starter. We want a team player with a positive attitude who is motivated to work towards common goals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Own the remediation and communication of high-priority/critical/complex issues
• Be responsible and pro-active with new regulations and lead projects within Compliance team
• Review security standards and evaluate gaps;
• Ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of GEICOs information and information systems
• Provide guidance to application teams on security best practices throughout all phases of development;
• Develop and deliver application security training to GEICO?s development teams;
• Track and review code vulnerabilities to resolution;
• Mentor junior members of the team and assist with skill development;
• Participate in the change management process ensuring that all releases are compliant with security standards;
• Works with members of other GEICO infrastructure and applications teams to implement, maintain and troubleshoot GEICOs security infrastructure systems
• Responds to customer queries and issues directed to the IT Compliance team
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• BS Computer Science or relevant Engineering discipline desired
• Strong understanding of current and emerging compliance technologies and services
• Excellent communications (written and oral), customer service and problem-solving skills
• 5+ years of experience in IT
• Excellent understanding of IT systems - Wintel, Networking, Linux, Mainframe
Security Service Management - setting SLAs, Processes, Procedures and Standards
• ISO 27001:2013, 27005, 31000, and 9000 implementation experience (Desired)
• GIAC/ITIL qualifications (Desired)
• CISA, Security+, CISSP Certifications - a Plus
• Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
• 4+ years of experience in collecting and analyzing requirements, designing, building, and implementing complex projects that require collaboration with multiple teams.
• Strong background in implementing security and compliance related controls and conducting Security Audits
• Strong understanding of cloud service and deployment models
• Understanding of current regulatory environment and related implications to security/audit compliance (SOX, PCI etc.).
• Proficiency with Windows and Linux operating systems
• Understanding of networking and network components including subnets, DMZs, routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Awareness of the general IT security threat landscape including common vulnerabilities, exploits, social engineering, and malware
• Capable of leading change to successful conclusion of projects/tasks .
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top