Join an organization where you can deliver first-class software that solves real business problems. As an Architect with GEICO you'll provide technical oversight for system designs and implementations, mentor and coach all levels of developers in best practices, collaborate with a team of architects to determine and develop frameworks and designs that are needed across multiple projects. You'll own the technical components of a customer integration project including but not limited to configuration, debugging, documentation, testing, and go live support.
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we're starting a new office from the ground up, and we need self-starters to help mold and shape our strategy over the coming years. The office has been designated as the Center of Excellence, intended to set the standard of delivery. At GEICO we believe in building our own leadership talent from within. The vast majority of leadership jobs are through internal promotion up through the highest levels of the IT organization.
Here's what we want to see from you:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
- 5+ years of experience building .NET framework based applications with C# and SQL Server is required
- Team Foundation Services experience, including building and deploying web based applications
- Experience with, RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus, Typescript, Angular5, Azure SDK, ADFS, REST APIs
- Extensive experience with Object Oriented Programming and use of design patterns.
- Demonstrated commitment to Test Driven Development
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently yet function as an integral part of a team, take initiative and contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of insurance premium reporting requirements is a plus
- Experienced with, and a proponent of, Agile software development methodology
- Proven ability to mentor developers, conduct code reviews, and lead design sessions
- A proven track record of driving results and the use of metrics to provide solutions
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top