Inside Auto Damage Trainee - Katy, Texas
Salary: $22.62 per hour / $45,579.30 annually
Accidents can be scary, and our Auto Damage team rises to the occasion to provide unparalleled customer service when our customers need us the most. We're looking for Auto Damage Adjusters in Katy, Texas who are motivated and ready to grow their careers to the next level with GEICO. Flexibility to work in different environments is also key, as our auto damage adjusters may work from their home, a body shop, a virtual estimating center, or even on the road.
Our industry-leading, paid training will teach you the ins and outs of automobile damage adjusting, so you can directly assist our customers after accidents or major disasters. We're looking for those who are equally motivated as they are compassionate. Your unique skillset, along with the latest auto-adjusting tools and tech, will help you:
- Inspect and assess vehicle damage caused by all types of accidents
- Estimate vehicle repair costs and negotiate equitable settlements
- Partner with other adjusters and supervisors to work with body shops, rental partners, and parts providers.
As an Auto Damage Trainee, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program * to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to attend an extensive 7-week training program, which includes three weeks in Ashburn, VA and work independently with flexible schedules. * AD Training will be 100% Virtual until further notice, in order to keep everyone safe*
- Valid driver's license (must meet company underwriting guidelines for at least the past 3 consecutive years) and the ability to maintain applicable state and federal certifications and permits
- Solid computer, mechanical aptitude, and multi-tasking skills
- Effective attention to detail and decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, and willingness to expand on these abilities
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, college degree or currently pursuing preferred
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.