Innovation Program Coordinator
Would you like to be part of our innovative team? If so, read on!
Do you like building teams, processes, and projects from the ground up? Are you passionate about shaping GEICO's future in the insurance industry? Join GEICO's enterprise innovation team as an Innovation Program Coordinator and you'll have a direct impact on helping our company reimagine insurance. You will help educate our company about the power of using our collective intelligence to solve real-world business problems.
We are looking for creative, proactive individuals who have the ability to lead projects that involve multiple stakeholders, gain buy-in and build excitement for new programs across divisions, and who are passionate about using ideation to solve some of our most complex business problems. As a member of the innovation team, you will help create and define standards and processes for using our enterprise innovation platform.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As an Innovation Program Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following:
Program Engagement: In this role, you will work with all levels of management to help share the story of how innovation is enabling GEICO to reimagine insurance. You will be the face of our program to our partners across the company and will work to build relationships and excitement across divisions. You will help teams across the company understand how our tools can fit in to their product life cycle and share potential use cases for it.
Program Management: As a program coordinator, you will work closely with teams across the company to lead them through the innovation process - coming up with business challenge questions to solve, configuring the innovation platform, marketing the innovation challenge, facilitating idea selection, and tracking implementation results.
Project Management: You will manage the entire life cycle for multiple innovation challenges at once. Great time management and project management skills are essential for coordinating the entire challenge process. You will need to professionally facilitate meetings with partner teams to guide them throughout the process.
Training: You will train other teams at GEICO on best practices, how to use the idea management platform and tools, and guide them through running their own innovation challenges.
Ready to make an impact? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- B.A. / B.S. or higher in Information Technology, Business Management, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years managing large-scale projects, preferably in a project management or leadership position.
- 3+ years of experience working within a corporate or agency setting
- Experience training people on how to use new software and tools
- Experience with implementing innovative, successful customer experiences
- Ability to work in unstructured environments with evolving processes and structure and a matrix organization
- Creative ability to ideate from a business challenge question and see it through the selection and design process to implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and confidence in collaborating with team members and all levels of management
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while still maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively
- Critical thinking, decision making, analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience developing marketing materials and marketing plans is great, but not required.
- Experience using and configuring ideation/crowdsourcing/collaboration platforms is a plus, but not required.
Salary will be assigned commensurate with experience and skills
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Glassdoor - gdoorit
LinkedIn - #LI-AC1
Back to top