Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
If so, do you meet these qualifications?
As a Hadoop Administrator, you will responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining multiple Hadoop clusters in the organization. As a Big Data Administrator you will work development teams to optimize different Hadoop services and deploy and code in to multiple environment. This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to work on the next generation decision support system for GEICO.
Would you like to join this innovative team?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent is required
- 3 plus years of IT experience which includes supporting Java applications on Linux systems is required
- Extensive experience in Hadoop echo system including Spark, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, HBase is required
- Experience in troubleshooting problems and working with other teams to determine the root cause is desired
- Hands on experience with automation tools such as Puppet is a plus
- 3 plus years of experience with Linux/Unix systems and scripting knowledge is required
- Job requires to be part of 24x7 on-call rotation and production support
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Manager, Mobile Development
Lwin supports development and enhancements for enterprise applications on iOS and Android by leading a team of pros who help GEICO continue innovating.
Back to top