Guidewire IT Program
GEICO is seeking highly motivated Java developers to join our IBU Claims department and participate in our Guidewire IT Development program. The Guidewire IT Development program is an 8-week training course for new developers at GEICO who will be working on applications utilizing Java and Guidewire frameworks. Successfully completing the program will be the primary goal to be achieved during orientation for these new associates to establish a sufficient level of competency prior to being assigned to an associated scrum team in Internet Claims.
As part of the program, two separate assessment exams will be given –
The first exam will cover the Configuration topics from the first 4 weeks of the curriculum.
The second exam will cover the Integration topics from the second 4 weeks of the curriculum.
It is expected that the new associate will be able to pass both of these exams by attending all training provided in the boot camp, and through active participation and completing all assigned work.
- Must have or be pursuing a Bachelor's degree or have equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of Java programming background
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to meet the challenges of entering a new area of the GEICO IT career field
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top