Fixed Asset Accountant
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
As a Fixed Asset Accountant, you will be a part of our Corporate Tax Department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile fixed asset holding accounts monthly
- Communicate with various departments about purchases/ongoing projects
- Add new assets on a monthly basis
- Responsible for accounting for ghost assets
- Responsible for making sure our General Ledger agrees to our Fixed Asset System
- Prepares property tax renditions for the company offices throughout the country based on data from the fixed asset system
- Gathers additional information regarding leased equipment and supplies that may be located in these offices and reports on the property tax rendition as needed
- Files completed and reviewed renditions on a timely basis
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- Accounting or Business degree required
- Fixed asset accounting experience (minimum 1 year of experience)
- Knowledge of IRS unit of property regulations
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Asset Management preferred
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top