Are you ready to make an impact? If so read on......
The IT Actuary Systems team is seeking an experienced and highly self-motivated ETL Developer to support Actuarial Reporting Applications. We're looking for an ETL developer with the skills to build an ETL workflow from vision to implementation. Candidate must excel at working independently as well as part of a team, show an appropriate sense of urgency, multi-task across multiple projects, and provide production support.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
• Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
• Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
• Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
• Be part of the development team to build and maintain the application(s)
• Analyze the needs and the environment to make sure the solution you're developing considers the current architecture and operating environment as well as future functionality and enhancements
• Develop, test, debug, document and help operationalize various applications leveraging industry best practices
• Work closely and collaborate with various cross functional IT specialists in implementing solutions
• Be part of an assigned Agile Scrum team and work collaboratively with team members and key stakeholders to gather and validate requirements as well as deliver features/enhancements
• Collaborate with team management and the team to architect and design solutions that meet the functional and technical requirements
• Participate in design activities leading to innovative solutions in meeting customer requirements
• Follow established coding standards, perform code reviews, and improve standards to assure compliance
• Possess strong analytical skills required to troubleshoot issues, identify resolutions and be available for off hours production support on rotational basis
• Create ETL design documentation and maintain overall design documents and deliverables.
• Responsible for writing complex SQL queries.
Required Technical Knowledge:
• Minimum 2-3 years experience as an ETL Developer (Data Migrator or other ETL tools)
• Experience with developing, tuning and debugging code, stored procedures, functions and packages.
• Hands-on experience in Linux/UNIX scripting and SQL
• Experience with insurance policy and claims systems
• Experience with multiple ETL tools
• Experience with TFS or GIT
• Experience with Data Warehousing concepts and skills
• Experience with sourcing data across multiple platforms (Mainframe, FTP, Data Warehouse, ESB)
• Experience with JSON and XML
• Experience with SDLC/Waterfall/Agile methodologies and developing Project Artifacts
• Experience with Application Systems and Data Analysis
• Intellectual curiosity, ability to learn and teach new concepts and emerging technologies to others.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Joy B.Software Analyst—Indianapolis
As a senior software analyst, Joy works as a liaison between software users and software developers. She is also a SCRUM product owner who conveys the ideas and vision of the project to the team.
Back to top