Entry Level Software Developer
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
The salary range for this position is $64,000 to 75,000 a year.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Do you enjoy programming and application development? Looking for an opportunity to help drive GEICO's business decisions through applications and data? We are seeking a highly motivated Software Developer to join our Decision Support Systems team to provide applications and data support for our business teams to make a difference!
As a Software Developer in our Underwriting, Reserving and Control Department you will work with a variety of applications and programming languages to support key business decisions. Our main focus is on developing and maintaining a number of in house applications primarily designed to support business analytics. The tools we routinely use include SAS, SQL Server, SSRS, Visual Studio .NET, and C#. As one of our team members you will be responsible for looking into ways to streamline processes through the effective application of technology.
Our team works closely with business analysts and predictive modelers in the design, development, testing, and maintenance of our applications, systems and reports. You'll have the opportunity to develop new code and applications which are responsible for driving business decisions. This is a great opportunity to have an immediate, visible impact on the business, and to learn the skills required by the industry and technological world!
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, read on!
- Please upload your resume, unofficial transcripts from all schools attended, and a cover letter to your GEICO profile when submitting your application
- At least a 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language
- SAS, T-SQL, C# experience highly desired
- A thorough understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies and programming languages
- Self-taught in programming languages a plus
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top