Enterprise Security Engineer
Ready to make any impact? If so, please read on!
GEICO'S Enterprise Security Organization is seeking a motivated and talented Enterprise Security Engineer to support GEICO'S security technologies. GEICO is expanding our information security department and you will play an important role in the protection of GEICO from threats to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our data and information systems. You should will have a desire to work in a dynamic environment, have an excellent work ethic, have great communication skills, and be a self-starter.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of GEICO's information and information systems
• Architect, install, configure, maintain, and administer GEICO's security infrastructure components such as DLP, SIEM and data structuring
• Work with members of other GEICO infrastructure and application teams to implement and maintain GEICO's security infrastructure systems
• Work with vendors and consultants to implement and maintain GEICO's security infrastructure systems
• Analyze and understand business needs and translate into requirements for security infrastructure systems
• Perform investigation into security incidents
• Troubleshoot issues with security infrastructure systems
• Provide 24 x 7 on call support for GEICO's security infrastructure systems as needed
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• BA/BS degree preferred, or equivalent and at least two years Security Administration experience or four years of experience in developing, implementing or architecting information systems or infrastructure
• 3+ years of experience in IT
• Security+ (must obtain within 6 months if not possessed)
• CISSP (desired)
• Ability to work independently and as part of a larger group comprised of different technical and business areas
• Proficiency with Windows and Linux operating systems
• Strong understanding of networking and network components including subnets, DMZs, routers, switches, and firewalls
• Possess strong organizational and project management experience
• Familiarity with VB script, PowerShell, Python and other scripting (desired)
• Excellent communications (written and oral), customer service and problem-solving skills
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top