Are you solutions oriented? Are you intellectually curious? Do you enjoy learning new tools and techniques? GEICO's highly motivated team of Duck Creek developers may be the team for you. As a Master Engineer in Duck Creek Technologies, you will partner with analysts, scrum masters, product owners, managers and directors to support our enterprise customer service platform. In our Agile environment you will design, develop, deploy and maintain world class software solutions.
- Performing advanced-level DuckCreek development, with core competencies in CBO, Author, ManuScripts, etc., design, implementation and maintenance activities, under minimal direction
- Diagnosing and correcting both application and infrastructure issues
- Managing application security vulnerabilities and maintaining compliance with industry security standards
- Researching and evaluating new software, frameworks and techniques to provide recommendations to the division and training to other developers
- Documenting and maintaining application requirements and technical specifications
- 4+ years of experience with DuckCreek Development--core competencies in CBO, Author, and ManuScripts
- 4+ years of experience in Agile Development
- 4+ years of experience in user interface, web service, and/or database development
- 2+ years of experience writing good, maintainable unit tests
- 2+ years of experience with version control concepts (branching, merging, conflict resolution)
- Type Script, AngularJS/ Angular
- Full stack .NET software development, with core competencies in Visual Studio, TFS, C#, SQL Server, WCF, ASP.NET, Web API, LINQ, SOAP, and REST
- Microsoft .NET tools and technologies, especially: ASP.NET (MSC & Web API), WCF Web Services
- Experience using GIT
- Familiarity with SQL Database design
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and contribute towards team efforts
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques
- Passion to innovate and provide high quality software for insurance applications
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program * that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
To ensure our associates receive the training and support needed to excel and thrive, associates hired for this position are generally required to work at the GEICO building during their orientation period. GEICO follows federal and state guidance and legal requirements regarding measures designed to limit the spread of COVID-19, including masking and social distancing. Measures may vary by GEICO location.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.