DevOps - Technical Supervisor
GEICO IT DevOps organization is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated and service delivery oriented Technical Supervisor to join our IT DevOps-Service Delivery leadership team. The candidate will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of DevOps engineers who will have the responsibilities of defining and enforcing application support best practices, Manage a team that will provide full application support (in Azure) across all environments and provide production support (L3 and higher) triage and on-call duties. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in leading projects from inception to implementation in a robust, timely and cost effective manner. The candidate must have excellent technical, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills backed with good verbal and written communication skills. Experience with the Microsoft Azure and application infrastructure related activities is a must. The ideal candidate will also have solid experience in successfully building partnerships with the business units and other IT groups within the organization.
To be an effective leader of this group, the candidate must be well versed in the system and software development life cycles, be able to provide direction and feedback during design/topology reviews, think strategically, have strong desire to ensure that the team meets the highest standards in triage, analysis and project management. Position also includes interacting with analyst leads and business partners, triaging/tracking issues and providing technical solutions to resolve business needs.
- Experience managing people & tasks across multiple simultaneous projects with aggressive time lines
- Hands-on experience working with Application teams to deliver leading platforms with tight deadlines
- Proven experience in team building, collaboration, coaching and mentoring
- Proven experience in working on Azure environments & its offerings (PaaS, SaaS or IaaS), .NET & C# programming, PowerShell, Loadbalacing, Firewall and DNS
- Act as a liaison between application development and different infrastructure teams
- Ability to troubleshoot across multiple applications
- Understanding of OWASP and security best practices
- Prior experience in using cloud APIs to automate provisioning, deployment, improving system performance and stability a plus
- Working knowledge of TFS and TFS Build definitions
- Working knowledge of Maven, Jenkins or Hudson
- A college degree in Computer Science or equivalent filed
- Certification in relevant technologies is a plus #LI-AA1
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top