The IT DevOps organization at GEICO is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated team leader to join our DevOps Intelligent Services team as a DevOps Technical Supervisor. Our organization is responsible for providing various services for Tier 1/2 mission critical applications, including production support, troubleshooting, provisioning, release support, and onboarding.
The IT DevOps organization at GEICO is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated team leader to join our DevOps Intelligent Services team. The DOIS team is responsible for providing various services for Tier 1/2 mission critical applications, including production support, troubleshooting, provisioning, release support, and onboarding.
The candidate will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of engineers who will have the responsibilities of monitoring and providing "first responder" support for our LOB applications in MS Azure cloud. The candidate must have excellent technical, analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills backed with good verbal and written communication skills. Experience with Microsoft Azure artifacts and application infrastructure related activities is required.
The ideal candidate will also have solid experience in successfully building partnerships with the business units and other IT groups within the organization. To be an effective leader of this group, the candidate must be well versed in the systems development life cycle, be able to provide direction and feedback on Major Incident calls, think strategically, have strong desire to ensure that the team meets the highest standards in triage, analysis and follow through. Position also includes interacting with analyst leads and business partners, triaging/tracking issues and providing technical solutions to resolve business needs.
- Experience managing people & tasks across multiple simultaneous projects with aggressive timelines.
- Must have the ability and flexibility to provide 24/7 support to mission critical applications.
- Experience using Splunk, DynaTrace & MS AppInsights for monitoring.
- Experience in working with Azure constructs (PaaS, SaaS or IaaS).
- Act as a liaison between application development and different infrastructure teams.
- Ability to drive troubleshooting across multiple applications and establish requirements to create runbooks for outage event with the necessary escalation paths established.
- Establish a system to work with an offshore team to cover night and weekend shifts.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Kanban.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and rapidly develop proficiency in new skills
- Proven experience in team building, collaboration, coaching, and mentoring.
- Prior experience in using cloud APIs to improve monitoring of system performance and stability a plus.
- Grade (69 -70) will be commensurate to experience and qualifications of selected candidate.
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program * that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
Note: To ensure our associates receive the training and support needed to excel and thrive, associates hired for this position are generally required to work at the GEICO building during their orientation period. GEICO follows federal and state guidance and legal requirements regarding measures designed to limit the spread of COVID-19, including masking and social distancing. Measures may vary by GEICO location.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.