DevOps Technical Supervisor
- Chevy Chase, MD
GEICO IT DevOps organization is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated and service delivery oriented Technical Supervisor to join our IT DevOps-Service Delivery leadership team. The candidate will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of engineers who will have the responsibilities of monitoring and providing production support (L1) for our applications in MS Azure Cloud. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in handling high pressure production environment in an efficient and effective manner. The candidate must have excellent technical, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills backed with good verbal and written communication skills. Experience with the Microsoft Azure and application infrastructure related activities is a must. The ideal candidate will also have solid experience in successfully building partnerships with the business units and other IT groups within the organization.
To be an effective leader of this group, the candidate must be well versed in the system and software development life cycles, be able to provide direction and feedback on production MI calls, think strategically, have strong desire to ensure that the team meets the highest standards in triage, analysis and follow through. Position also includes interacting with analyst leads and business partners, triaging/tracking issues and providing technical solutions to resolve business needs.
- Experience managing people & tasks across multiple simultaneous projects with aggressive timelines
- Hands-on experience in providing production support (24x7/365 days) for critical applications
- Proven experience using SPLUNK, DynaTrace & APPINSIGHT for monitoring
- Proven experience in working on Azure environments & its offerings (PaaS, SaaS or IaaS)
- Act as a liaison between application development and different infrastructure teams
- Ability to troubleshoot across multiple applications and create runbooks and playbooks for each event with the necessary escalation paths established
- Proven experience working with an offshore team to cover night and weekend shifts
- Prior experience in using cloud APIs to improve monitoring of system performance and stability a plus
- Working knowledge of TFS and BMC Remedy
- Working knowledge of Confluence Wiki is a plus
- A college degree in Computer Science or equivalent filed
As a full time associate, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program * to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.
Back to top