DevOps (SRE) Engineer
- Chevy Chase, MD
GEICO's Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team uses machine learning and predictive analytics to improve system reliability to create a superior customer service experience.
We work with the major lines of business at GEICO that deliver mission-critical applications to our agents and our customers. The predictive models ingest machine data from many systems and application sources to build an understanding of the system components that affect customer experience. The SRE team support projects through the entire lifecycle, from problem definition to data exploration, modeling, analysis, and deployment into production. We work in a highly collaborative environment across teams to ensure the model is working as expected and continually tune and address issues as they arise in our changing environment.
We are looking for a Systems professional/DevOps Engineer with strong data analytical skills to help develop models that takes advantage of Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence to detect issues before they impact the customer experience. The candidate must have strong analytical skills to gain insights from a myriad of application monitoring and telemetry data in the area of Cloud computing, Microsoft Azure, Dynatrace SaaS, Splunk and SQL Server, and CosmosDB. The candidate must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
• Analyzing system infrastructure and performance metrics to identify actionable insights
• Designing and deploying predictive models using Splunk ITSI
• Assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
• Developing processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, data science, mathematics, engineering, physics, etc. Advance degrees preferred
• 2+ years of combined academic/industry experience with predictive modeling, machine learning, advanced analysis
• Strong programming skills using common data science tools such as Python (strongly preferred).
• Strong skills in data processing using SQL (preferred)
• Solid understanding and experience with advanced statistics and modern machine learning predictive techniques
• Strong skills with Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Services, Microsoft App Insights, Microsoft Azure Log Analytics, Splunk, Splunk ITSM (preferred)
The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top