DevOps (SRE) Engineer
Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
GEICO IT DevOps team is looking for a talented and motivated DevOps (SRE) Engineer with Azure Cloud experience for its Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. The Availability Engineering team needs DevOps Engineers who are both a software engineer and a systems enthusiast! GEICO's Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is the Availability's team initiatives to ensuring systems are reliable and resilient from initial deployment to continuously monitor our applications for availability. Our team goal is to build a knowledge base for our Azure applications by defining, maintaining, and testing various reliability and resilience scenarios. You will be collaborating with a team of highly specialized DevOps and Performance engineers as well as other operations teams and application owners to keep our mission critical applications and systems secure and highly available. You will have an excellent opportunity to utilize a variety of technologies, innovate and implement new ideas to improve the availability of our systems.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• Software development background and scripting with the following languages is required: .NET, and C# .
• 3+ years of experience in software design, development and engineering is preferred.
• 4+ years of IT industry experience including familiarity of DevOps is preferred.
• Experience with build and deployment automation tools (e.g. VTFS builds) is preferred.
• Automation of infrastructure services on Azure is preferred.
• Experience with Azure portal, Azure PowerShell, ARM templates and technologies.
• Azure Certification is a PLUS. Any of the 70-4xx or 70-5xx (Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, implementing MS Azure Infrastructure Solutions, Microsoft Architecting Azure Solutions).
Salary range $100K - $130K
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top