Devops Project Manager
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
As a Devops Project Manager, you will be joining GEICO's Enterprise Data and Cloud Security (EDCS) Team. The team is charged with providing secure architecture guidance and protecting GEICO's networks, information assets and corporate image by addressing vulnerabilities within the enterprise; thereby improving GEICO's overall security posture. As a Devop Project Manager you will drive project management activities for Scrum and Kanban processes within EDCS. You will assist the Product Owner in driving deliverables through the Scrum and Kanban processes. The team manages or provides influence on security platforms in both on-premise and cloud environments.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
Intermediate to advance understanding of Agile/Scrum/Kanban is required
- Strong passion for processes that empower teams and make them more efficient
- Strong analysis skills and an aptitude for critical thinking
- Strong Excel skills with Power Query, Pivot tables/charts, formulas, data connections, etc.
- Understanding of ITSM concepts, CMDBs, data modeling and data mapping
- Innovative thinker and a strong desire to support GEICO's move to modernization and more efficient delivery of IT Security Services
- Security+ (must obtain within 6 months if not possessed)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master 1(PSM1) is a plus
- Experience using Team Foundation Server web portal, work items and running reports from the TFS to Excel integration
- Familiarity with the Software Product Management discipline and software development methodologies
- Understanding of Public, Private and Hybrid-Cloud Models and SaaS, PaaS and IaaS Service Models
- Knowledge of core infrastructure functionality, networking, programing paradigms, and troubleshooting
- Network+ or CCNA is preferred
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Manager, Mobile Development
Lwin supports development and enhancements for enterprise applications on iOS and Android by leading a team of pros who help GEICO continue innovating.
Back to top