Are you ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of GEICO’s ISD Underwriting Systems department. The team consists of seven engineers who support critical applications for Rating, Underwriting and Electronic Output. This is an exciting opportunity to join GEICO’s fast-moving initiative to modernize applications and transition to Azure cloud architecture. DevOps team members work to automate and streamline software development operations and improve system availability.
In this position, you will need a combination of coordination skills and hands-on technical skills. You will define, provision and maintain cloud and on-premises systems. You will work with development teams to deploy web-based applications. You will develop automated scripts to accomplish routine tasks. As an engineer, you will devise and coordinate the implementation of a holistic monitoring, logging and alerting strategies across various application functions. You will also provide active production support assistance, quick incident resolution and root cause analysis. Being part of this DevOps team means you’ll need to coordinate activities across multiple departments’ teams. This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a team paving the path forward on how DevOps evolves in ISD and at GEICO.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Microsoft system admin role supporting systems for development teams
- Solid foundation in Windows server operating systems, with demonstrated experience in basic activities such as configuring application pools, managing network connections, managing software upgrades and verifying patch upgrades
- Experience in deploying web applications and third-party application packages
- Strong knowledge of application tier architectures, including knowledge of web servers, databases, virtualization, storage, load balancers, and firewalls
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the proven ability to work proactively and collaboratively with teammates and other departments for results
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, and problem solving skills with a positive attitude to learn new technologies and keep with rapid change
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top