Dev/Ops Configuration Manager/Release Coordinator
The IT DevOps Team is looking for an experienced DevOps Configuration Manager and Release Coordinator to join our innovative team. Candidate will be responsible for defining and implementing the CM process and coordinating all release activities within the Decision Sciences and Business Transformation DevOps team. Candidate must have good organization and communication skills in order to be successful in this job. Good understanding of Agile/Scrum and Kanban is required.
- Define, implement, and improve the release management process
- Plan/coordinate release schedules and cycles with all necessary DSaT teams
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Measure/monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and meet or exceed expectations
- Define, implement, and improve SCM processes to improve productivity
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes (including requirements, test plans, schedule, and scope changes) to stakeholders and product owners
- Conduct Release Readiness Reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go Reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Work with build engineers to understand impact of branches and code merges
- Participate in CAB meetings to maintain awareness of release schedules and future release targets
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Research new software development technologies and configuration management methodologies
- 3+ years of release management experience
- 3+ year of software configuration management
- Strong knowledge of software repository such as Bitbucket or TFS, branching concepts and automated builds using Jenkins is required
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- 7+ years of experience in an IT operations environment with systems analysis/development
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle and Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field is desired
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top