DevOps Cloud Engineer
IT DevOps has an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer interested in designing, building and supporting automated solutions that help our dynamic DevOps organization deliver infrastructure as a code software with higher quality and at greater speed. The candidate must be proactive, assume responsibility and provide long term solution for the problems that can easily be extended to the organization. The engineer will be responsible for building, managing and supporting various components/building blocks of infrastructure as a code, focusing on continuous integration, automated software releases, configuration management, and system management in a high-availability cloud environment.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Experience with Azure portal, Azure PowerShell, ARM templates and technologies
- Software development background and scripting with the following languages is required: .NET, and C#
- Azure Certification is a PLUS. Any of the 70-4xx or 70-5xx (Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, implementing MS Azure Infrastructure Solutions, Microsoft Architecting Azure Solutions)
- 4+ years of IT industry experience including familiarity of DevOps is preferred
- Experience with build and deployment automation tools (e.g. TFS builds) is required
- Experience with build-automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef)
- an expectation that this job will require production support that will be 24X7 on a rotation basis
- requires good communication skill – as person will be interacting with the departments across the organization
LinkedIn tag: #LI-POST
DICE tag (IT only): DBT
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top