Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
GEICO's DevOps Cloud Architecture team is seeking a talented and highly motivated DevOps architect to join their team. As a DevOps Architect you will help in the design and review of cloud solutions for the IT DevOps organization. You will also be responsible for implementing and maintaining solutions on the Azure platform utilizing Microsoft's .NET and PowerShell technologies. These solutions include standard SDKs and APIs for enterprise services. The ideal candidate will have experience navigating a dynamic work environment and be capable of envisioning a solution that goes beyond the immediate ask to satisfy the Enterprise customers.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Full stack design and development within the Azure ecosystem
• 24/7 Level 3 On-call support on a rotational basis
• Play a key role in the adoption of Azure / Cloud offerings in the enterprise (CosmosDB, Azure Service Bus, Event Hub, AKS, and more)
• Ensure alignment with our Cloud DevOps model based on 100% automation and adoption of repeatable patterns that can be leveraged across the organization
• Promote the use of Azure/Cloud standardization, shared infrastructure and shared services to reduce costs and improve information flows
• Create Reference Architectures and standards for the Microsoft Technology stack in line with IT DevOps and Application needs
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent degree
• Ideally 5+ years of architect level experience, however, a self-starter demonstrating an ability to transition in technology, lead and guide architecture, and thoughtfully solve problems could outweigh years of experience
• 2 or more years- experience as development team member in projects utilizing the AGILE framework with SCRUM methodology
• Expert knowledge and hands-on experience in .NET and PowerShell
• Expert understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Expert understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git, TFS, Perforce). VSTS and GIT are a huge plus.
• Good understanding of database organization and structure
• Good aptitude for analytics and the ability to work well with numbers
• Deep understanding and familiarity with Azure technology stacks.
• Experience working with Azure Technologies: e.g. Cloud Services (Web roles/worker roles),
• REDIS Cache, Azure Service Bus/Event Hub, AKS, CosmosDB
• MCSD Azure Solutions Architect
• MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top