Data Systems Analyst
- Indianapolis, IN
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
Would you like to be a part of the team that brings data innovation, Machine Learning and AI enabling to GEICO? We are looking for a highly motivated Data Systems Analyst to support the Data Science Development lifecycle process and help solve complex business problems using predictive analytics/modeling approaches.
As a Data Systems Analyst, you will work with Machine Learning Developers, Data Modelers, and the business to:
• Conduct requirement and systems analysis, translating business requirements and performance metrics into modeling requirements and metrics
• Clearly define and document business problems by conferring with clients; evaluating procedures and processes, and assessing existing metrics
• Facilitate solution-design sessions with Machine Learning Developers, Data Scientists and business stakeholders
• Coordinate with the Machine Learning Developers and Data Scientists to document analytics solutions, approaches and results
• Communicate and coordinate effectively with clients and other stakeholders
• Support systems design, testing and deployment of predictive models into production
• Conduct data / metric analysis, assess impact of a new solution on key metrics, and analyze potential value
• Monitor performance of deployed models and develop recommendations on model refresh
• Set up metrics plans, conduct analysis of results, and report findings
• Capture data from Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Hadoop using SQL
• Create and execute test plans to test model services
• Assist with agile process and project planning
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• A minimum of three years of progressive analysis/systems experience in large scale IT projects
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Engineering, Management of Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
• Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and work in a dynamic environment
• Experience working in an Agile team and familiarity with Agile project management practices
• Experience documenting business processes, requirements, and application test plans
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Experience conducting metrics analysis and reporting
• Strong critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills
Desired Qualifications :
• Demonstrated experience with SQL scripting language
• Experience with process improvement
• Foundational understanding of Statistics and analysis of A/B tests
• Experience in R or Python programming language
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Indianapolis, IN office.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
As a full-time Data Systems Analyst, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
• Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
• 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top