Data Systems Analyst
Would you like to be a part of the team that brings data innovation and data-driven decision-making to GEICO? The Data Sciences Group is looking for a highly motivated Data Systems Analyst to support the Data Science lifecycle process and help solve complex business problems using predictive analytics/modeling approaches.
• A minimum of three years of progressive analysis/systems experience in large scale IT environment
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Sciences, Information Technology Engineering management, or equivalent work experience
• Ability to perform under pressure and be able to multitask
• Experience working in an Agile team and familiarity with Agile project management practices
• Experience documenting business processes, requirements, and application test plans
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Experience conducting metrics analysis and reporting
• Strong critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated experience with SQL scripting language
• Experience with process improvement
• Foundational understanding of Statistics and analysis of A/B tests
As a systems analyst, you will work with Data Scientists and Machine Learning developers to:
• Conduct requirement and systems analysis, translating business requirements and performance metrics into modeling requirements and metrics
• Conduct data / metric analysis, assess impact of a new solution on key metrics, and analyze potential value
• Clearly define and document business problems by conferring with clients; evaluating procedures and processes, and assessing existing metrics
• Facilitate solution-design sessions with Data Scientists and business stakeholders
• Coordinate with the Data Scientists to document analytics solutions, approaches and results
• Communicate and coordinate effectively with clients and other stakeholders
• Support systems design, testing and deployment of predictive models into production
• Support the development of methodology and associated templates
• Assist with technology assessments and adoption
• Set up A/B testing metrics plan and conduct analysis of results, and report findings
• Monitor performance of deployed models and develop recommendations on model refresh
• Test model services
• Participate in a collaborative and learning environment and contribute as such
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top