Job Duties & Responsibilities
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
As a Data Scientist, you will responsible for analyzing large, complex datasets and identify meaningful patterns that lead to actionable recommendations. You will leverage business/analytical knowledge to support project lead in discussions with cross-functional teams to understand highly complex business objectives, define metrics, guidelines; help shape an effective analytics solution. You will identify, extract, aggregate, and integrate relevant data sources required to address identified problems as well as pull, integrate and cleanse disparate data sources using SQL and other relevant tools.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- 1-3 years of statistical analysis experience, including hypothesis testing, experimental design, and data munging, analysis, and visualization is required
- 1-3 years of experience applying statistical/machine learning modeling and validation methodologies is required
- 1-3 years of experience using SPSS, R, Python or SAS is required
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with SQL is required
- 1-3 years experience in a decision support analytic function, such as simulation and optimization is desired
- Experience with statistical process control, experiment design, AB testing, data mining, association and correlation is preferred
- Experience working with large "Big Data" datasets is preferred
- Experience with Spark is desired
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Operational Research, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Economics or a related discipline
LinkedIn tag: #LI-POST
DICE tag (IT only): DBT
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF or apply with your LinkedIn profile. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later.
wp123 ind123 dbt gdoorit, #LI-POST
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Manager, Mobile Development
Lwin supports development and enhancements for enterprise applications on iOS and Android by leading a team of pros who help GEICO continue innovating.
Back to top