Data Ingestion & Consumption Technical Supervisor
- Chevy Chase, MD
If you love data, the Data Engineering team has the perfect job for you. Our team is looking for a hands-on technical lead to be part of a dynamic, high performing team in charge of Data Architecture, Data Ingestion and Data Engineering. This team is performing a key role in the renewed effort to make GEICO a Data First company by bringing raw data into the platform and building a refined data layer to be used by the business community and Data Scientists. You will be working with cutting edge technologies such as Azure Data Lake, Databricks/Spark, Snowflake. Applicants need to have strong leadership experience, drive to succeed and the ability to manage multiple critical projects.
- Oversee multiple scrum teams delivering data products to the business
- Work closely with the data consumers to understand and prioritize requests for data
- Collaborate with Architecture and Data Governance teams to ensure data is managed and quality is maintained.
- Ensure timely delivery of business value through iterative delivery of data products to the consumers.
- Coach and mentor associates, conduct performance appraisals of associates.
- 3+ years of experience in an IT leadership position, managing critical and technical projects
- Prior experience in managing and delivering data products or data management.
- Passion to innovate and provide solutions to challenges that are encountered
- Prior Experience in developing associates through providing coaching, feedback, and mentoring
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, related field (business, finance, mathematics, computer science) or equivalent professional experience is required
- Data Management or Data Engineering experience
- Knowledge of Azure technologies or Snowflake, knowledge of Data Vault and Dimensional modeling.
As a full time associate, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program * to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
• Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
• 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.
You can also check out our jobs on Linkedin, #LI-SB1.
Back to top