Data Ingestion Analyst
At GEICO, we're about more than just insurance. Technology is at the core of everything we do, which means you'll get to work on innovative and influential tech projects in a successful company. Our associates are top-notch tech pros who are changing people's lives - just ask Forrester and Dynatrace-Keynote who've awarded our teams with top honors.
Our company culture is simple to sum up, it's all about giving our customers the very best. And, we know that the best way to do that is by giving our associates that crucial edge to succeed. Our team leaders and managers truly believe in the power of mentorship and providing opportunities to grow within the organization.
As a Data Ingestion Analyst in our Decision Science and Transformation team, you will be working to bring new data sources in to the Big Data Platform. You will be working closely with data consumers of our Big Data platform to create the foundation for data analytics and machine learning activities. You will be focused on
- Identifying data consumer needs and working with source systems to ingest the data
- Classifying data and ensure security policies are applied to safeguard the data
- Identifying and documenting data lineage
So, here's what you need to have to be successful in this role:
- A Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent professional experience is required
- 3+ Years of experience documenting business and system requirements, processes, workflows and test plans
- 3 Years of experience with Relational Database (Microsoft SQ, Oracle or DB2) is preferred
- Prior experience in working with data and data consumers is a plus
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail is required
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences is required
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques is a plus
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top