Data Governance Analyst
The Data Governance team of Decision Sciences and Transformation (DSaT) department is seeking a highly motivated Data Governance Analyst to start a career at GEICO. Building our Data Governance platform, you will be at the intersection of data, systems, and people. You will work closely with IT and business stakeholders to onboard critical data assets and establish relevant processes with the ultimate goal of making it easier for teams across GEICO to find, understand, trust, and access the data they need. You will leverage your skills and knowledge to help establish our data governance practices and enhance data-driven business performance and compliance. You will support data stewards through education and facilitation of data issue resolution. You will participate in the entire software development lifecycle by writing requirements and user test plans as well as problem solving during development and deployment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, or other Technology field preferred
• 1-3 years of experience in Data Governance, Metadata Management, Business Intelligence, or Data Analysis
• 1-3 years of experience capturing and documenting complex business and functional requirements
• Exposure to Data Governance or Data Management tools (such as Collibra, IBM IIS, Informatica, etc.)
• Experience working within an Agile (Scrum, Kanban) methodology
• Ability to interact with internal customers at all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions
• Ability to identify problems/opportunities, analyze root cause, and present recommendations
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Experience with data lineage, data cataloging, and/or data policy implementation
• Experience with data analysis/BI tools such as Qlik, MicroStrategy, or Tableau
• Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and best practices for metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
• Working knowledge of Big Data, Data Lakes, and the Hadoop ecosystem
• Experience with data profiling or defining data quality rules
• Experience writing/editing internal communications or training-related materials in a corporate environment
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top