Data Entry Technician
Reviews files and enters information into legal software program for creation of electronic suit file.
1. Open new incoming suits for attorneys, including performing conflict checks.
2. Updates legal software program to ensure proper and timely notification of past and pending court appearances.
3. Creates and generates letters in the legal software program.
4. Typing speed of 45 WPM or more.
5. Assists Attorneys, Paralegals and Secretaries with the preparation and collation of legal pleadings and discovery.
6. Maintains shelves for properly and timely entering of law suits according to chronological due date.
7. Performs general clerical duties as required.
8. Contacts claims department when information is incomplete to successfully enter a file or generate letter.
9. Maintains list of special assignments according to in house attorneys and according to providers.
10. Processing incoming pleadings and documents to ensure proper handling and storage in legal software program.
Salary and grade commensurate with experience.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Joy B.Technical Supervisor III
As a senior software analyst, Joy works as a liaison between software users and software developers. She is also a SCRUM product owner who conveys the ideas and vision of the project to the team.
Back to top