If you love data, the Data Engineering team has the perfect job for you! Our team is looking for a hands-on Data Engineering Technical Supervisor to be part of a dynamic, high performing team in charge of Data Architecture, Data Ingestion and Data Engineering. This team is performing a key role in the renewed effort to make GEICO a Data First company by bringing raw data into the platform and building a refined data layer to be used by the business community and Data Scientists. You will be working with cutting edge technologies such as Azure Data Lake, Databricks/Spark, Snowflake. Applicants need to have strong leadership experience, drive to succeed and ability to manage multiple critical projects.
- Oversee multiple scrum teams delivering data products to the business
- Work closely with the data consumers to understand and prioritize requests for data
- Collaborate with Architecture and Data Governance teams to ensure data is managed and quality is maintained.
- Ensure timely delivery of business value through iterative delivery of data products to the consumers.
- Coach and mentor associates, conduct performance appraisals of associates.
- 3+ years of experience in an IT leadership position, managing critical and technical projects
- Prior experience in managing and delivering data products or data management.
- Passion to innovate and provide solutions to challenges that are encountered
- Prior Experience in developing associates through providing coaching, feedback, and mentoring
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, related field (business, finance, mathematics, computer science) or equivalent professional experience is required
- Data Management or Data Engineering experience
- Knowledge of Azure technologies or Snowflake, knowledge of Data Vault and Dimensional modeling.
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program * that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.
GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.