Cybersecurity - Vulnerability Management Analyst
- Chevy Chase, MD
The Cybersecurity Vulnerability Management Team is seeking a motivated and customer-centric Vulnerability Management Analyst. This analyst will use various tools to identify vulnerabilities in GEICO's information systems. Once vulnerabilities are identified, the analyst will work with fellow Cybersecurity engineers and analysts to understand and prioritize the vulnerabilities and will work with GEICO's application and infrastructure support teams to determine a plan for remediation of the vulnerabilities. The successful candidate must possess excellent communication and organization skills, be an advocate for an excellent customer experience and will be passionate about business process improvement, vulnerability analysis and remediation.
- Develop, implement and maintain the processes and capabilities of a risk driven vulnerability management program
- Operate vulnerability assessment and management tools
- Document and improve processes
- Perform threat and vulnerability monitoring and identification
- Perform vulnerability assessment, prioritization, and reporting
- Assess risks related to vulnerabilities and recommend resolutions or risk reduction mitigations
- Work with other teams to plan and schedule vulnerability remediation
- Conduct meetings effectively
- Track vulnerability remediation activities to ensure completion according to plans
- Build strong partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for managing vulnerabilities in an agile manner
- Create and improve KPIs, metrics, and trend analysis for vulnerability management functions
- Work with the team to develop and improve the vulnerability management program
- Mentor and guide team members with vulnerability assessments, mitigation techniques, and approaches
- Possess CompTia Security+ certification or obtain within 6 months (equivalent\higher certification in place of Security+ can be accepted
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of operational IT Security experience, with a focus on vulnerability management
- 2+ years of experience analyzing data and solving problems
- Knowledge of operating systems, systems software, and application installation and administration
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies
- Ability to identify cyber threats and vulnerabilities
- Ability to identify systemic security issues based on the analysis of vulnerability and configuration data
- Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication and non-repudiation)
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience communicating to broad audiences, across all levels of organizational responsibility, and with varying technical abilities
- Ability to manipulate data using Excel, SQL Queries, and scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Perl and PowerShell.
- Experience with the vulnerability management lifecycle
- Proven experience performing root cause analysis of security events and incidents
- Ability to conduct vulnerability scans and recognize vulnerabilities in security systems
- Skill in recognizing and categorizing types of vulnerabilities and associated attacks
- Skill in evaluating the adequacy of security designs
- Knowledge of penetration testing principles, tools, and techniques Knowledge of vulnerability information dissemination sources (e.g., alerts, advisories, errata, and bulletins)
- Ability to organize, manage, and maintain large-scale projects #LI-AA1
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top