Cosmos Database Administrator
- Chevy Chase, MD
The Open Systems DBA team is looking for a Cosmos Database Administrator. Experience with Cosmos Database is mandatory, and 10+ years of experience as a DBA with Traditional databases plus 3-5 years of experience with No-SQL preferably with COSMOS DB in Azure. Experience including Data Architecture, building and fine tuning of databases/Materialized views in Azure. This project demands the associate to be a part of the project execution team and to be involved in all the project execution phases such as Analysis, Design, Build, Test and Implementation. The associate should be in a position to work with team and be involved in technical discussions at every stage of the project. The associate should be able to interact with clients for all the walk through at different phases of the project. The associate should be able to work independently and should be able to provide detailed solutions for the requirements that he/she is handling.
- Experience with using Azure Portal and Application Insights is required.
- A good understanding of Cosmos DB including but not limited to Provisioning, Creating Databases, Multi-Master functionality, Autopilot Mode, and Global Distribution.
- Experience with data extraction and manipulation, and ad-hoc query tools is required.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, transaction processing procedures, and design tools.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to clarify requirements and create clear documentation.
- Strong communication and workplace collaboration skills, as well as client management.
- Experience in the design and automation of Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service capabilities including virtual networks, virtual machines, cloud services, web sites, data services, IoT services, etc.
- Strong understanding of Azure platform capabilities for the design and development of modern applications, SaaS and PaaS solutions
- This associate is required to work in a team oriented environment and ability to communicate effectively within teams. Share new ideas with the team and be able to recommend solutions.
- Candidate must have a strong work ethic and a professional demeanor.
- Must have good project planning skills, and advanced organizational and communication skills.
- Must be a good team player with a strong team concept and self-motivated.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer science or related field is strongly desired #LI-AA1
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top