Job Duties & Responsibilities
Ready to make an impact? If so, ready on!
GEICO is seeking an Automation Engineer. The candidate will provide technical expertise and leadership in workload automation using the BMC Control-M enterprise suite. The candidate will assist in the administrative and DEVOPS support, migration of legacy jobs, and the development, maintenance and enforcement of Workload Automation/Production Control standards, policies, and procedures. The position is responsible for general support of the implementation of batch jobs including change control. The candidate will work with system and application owners across the enterprise to define, schedule, monitor, and manage batch job/work flows within a multi-platform environment. The candidate will be responsible for defining work processes and job dependencies. The position is also responsible for monitoring batch job and job flow executions as well as identifying, escalating, and resolving batch job problems.
- 3 plus years of experience as an enterprise Control-M Workload Automation Suite system and/or system application administrator
- Working knowledge of Control-M and Control-M components for version 8 or above
- Experience installing and configuring Control-M software
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Unix server platforms
- Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle & SQL Server), SQL, SSIS & SSRS packages
- Understanding of Windows scheduler, CRON, & SQL scheduler protocols a plus
- Familiarity with scripting languages
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top