Cloud Reporting Architect/Data Modeler
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
As an Cloud Reporting Architect/Data Modeler, you will be joining GEICO’s HRIS team to support cloud initiatives in the Recruiting, HR, Payroll, and Benefits business areas. You will be part of GEICO’s Oracle Taleo team, but will include responsibility for multiple cloud applications including Taleo and Workday. Responsibilities will include overseeing and driving the work efforts of technical teams to implement and support Oracle’s Business Intelligence Reporting application, a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) system and Workday’s cloud-based, software-as-a-service (SaaS) system. You will partner with the business, internal IT organizations, senior leadership, and vendor subject matter experts to implement solutions, provide guidance on overall architecture and design as well as enforce the use of best practices and defined standards. You will have a proven track record in data modeling and recommending architectural solutions as well as obtaining buy-in and instituting processes resulting in successful implementations.
- A minimum 4+ years of architecture, development and data modeling experience on Oracle’s HR BI applications and Workday Cloud offering
- A minimum 5 years of experience and successfully have led large, complex projects from inception to implementation accurately and on schedule
- A minimum 6+ years of experience as a PM and/or team lead supervising technical experts in a hands-on environment
- Must exhibit strong critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills, excellent interpersonal and communications skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Experience in leading cross-functional projects that span multiple teams and departments
- Direct experience with delivering development project deliverables, work papers and other project artifacts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, and SharePoint and/or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Taleo functionality, Taleo Connect Client and / or other cloud technologies
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management certification or equivalent is a plus
- Solid business knowledge of Recruiting, Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll and Pension
- Strong expertise with industry’s proven development methodologies, leading practices, and techniques
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top