GEICO is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Research and Development (RAD) department as a Business Systems Analyst.
As a member of our team, you will have opportunities to manage your projects from the planning and design phase, to construction and maintenance. This position includes conducting systems analysis, writing business requirements, and supporting enhancements to existing applications. Additionally, it involves evaluating our business processes and driving efficiency and process improvements through the application of systems tools and/or automation. This is a great opportunity to work closely with various departments, manage projects, and to learn the skills required by the business and technology world!
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field is desirable
- At least a 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Experience with the System Development Life Cycle
- Experience writing business requirements
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel are required
- Insurance industry experience is a plus
- Certified Scum Master (CSM) certification or prior Agile experience is a plus
- SAS and SQL experience is a plus
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program * that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.
To ensure our associates receive the training and support needed to excel and thrive, associates hired for this position are generally required to work at the GEICO building during their orientation period. GEICO follows federal and state guidance and legal requirements regarding measures designed to limit the spread of COVID-19, including masking and social distancing. Measures may vary by GEICO location.