Bilingual (Spanish/English) Senior Outside Security Investigator (SIU) - Miami, FL
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates will be required to work in the dedicated sector office where applicable.
Region 6 Special Investigations Unit (SIU) seeks a qualified Bilingual (Spanish / English) candidate to join our Miami, FL area field investigative team. Qualified candidates should be well versed in all aspects of SIU investigations, self-motivated, organized and able to handle a voluminous caseload while conducting multiple field investigations. The candidate will work remotely and with minimum supervision. Further, the candidate must have, or establish, contacts and networks within local, state and federal law enforcement agencies. Participation in SIU industry meetings will be required.
- Qualified candidates must possess a strong investigative background
- Minimum of 5years documented fraud investigative experience in area(s) of SIU and/or law enforcement experience. All aspects of insurance fraud, to include claims and policy fraud issues, will be investigated. A required pre-test will be given
- Bilingual in Spanish and English: Proficient
- Due to this being a home-based/remote position, candidates must reside directly in the coverage area to be worked
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
- High speed internet access.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook and have a working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Type a minimum of 35 WPM
- College degree is strongly preferred, but not required
- Candidates must have a valid Driver's license; and will be subject to background and driving record checks
- A quiet workplace so you can focus on delivering excellent service to our customers
- Must live in a location that can leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Minimum upload speed 5 MB/s, preferred upload speed 25 MB/
- Minimum download speed 25 MB/s, preferred download speed 50 MB/s
- Candidates must provide and meet all technical requirements prior to the first day of training