Big Data Senior Analyst
Do you want to innovate customer experiences and make business decisions smarter through data? Are you ready to join a collaborative and motivated team transforming GEICO into a truly data-driven company? As a Senior Analyst on the GEICO IT squad, you'll thrive in a fast-paced innovative culture that turns data into information, and uses that information to drive action. One key focus is our Single View of the Customer (SVOC) initiative at the Indy Center of Excellence. As part of this team you will interact with various IT and business partners to design and implement data driven solutions that move our business forward. As a senior team member you will have the opportunity to mentor other associates and help our team grow!
When you first join our SVOC team you will have the opportunity to go through our new Big Data Academy! This Academy will give you exposure to the cutting-edge technology that we use to develop SVOC, and prepare you with the skills needed to hit the ground running.
- Significant experience in facilitating the discovery process with functional stakeholders to identify requirements and expected outcomes.
- Experience in developing test plans and scenarios to ensure the highest quality deliverables
- Strong SQL, data mapping, and data profiling skills
- Working knowledge of Big Data and the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, related field (business, finance, mathematics, computer science), or equivalent professional experience is required
- Understanding and experience with Web Services and APIs
- Experience in querying NoSQL databases
- Knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top